Monday 3 June 2013

Day 6686

The day shall be named when I am more awake.
Life is kinda depressing, isn't it?

We strive to gain comfortable lives, or wealth and power to make ourselves feel dignified or signified. And then theres adrenaline and despair to challenge the happiness we feel and validate it in some way. Even if we reach our goals can we become truly content in the now and forget about the past and present... But those are the things that separate you from a beast that give humans identity that ... even in the small drops of time we take up...gives us what...? We create these meanings through religion...which is just another stereotype... us and them.... It's a judgemental society, but then if you are naive and ever trusting the risk of being conned and hurt just increases... It's not that I want to say there is a point or ask if there is one but... I don't even know.


My tired ramblings I am sure lack coherency, as the red lines under my words are growing more common place in each thing I type.

My media exam is on Tuesday, theorists and their theories... It seems in media I have the potential of an A grade in visual work and c/b in writing.

Let me see

Fiske, Mkay, Adorno, Marx, Althusser, Castel


  • Pluralist, he said consumers don't have to buy the things they can say no
  • information is set free, there is lots of choice and we can kneecap media gods - bad side is that although the unregulation gives us faster wider views the quality is lessoned, information blizzard, and we may become desensitized more so... 
  • Dumbed down society who is injected with the dominant ideology we passively soak up ideologies then support them as we do not like change, we do not like to be challenged, we do not like to be abnormal.....
  • they create and keep the capitalist society to increase the cycle of consumptions and commodity fetishism
  • I forget .... oh, he said about  how different areas of society affect our ideology, - moral panic? 
  • Illusion of power, we are in a bubble of choice - google search engine 


Then there is gramsci who I forgot he was the dominant ideology marx was just well... marxism

Then judith butler and queer theory that gender is a performance that society defines, and mulvey with the beauty myth and feminism whole shebang  how we are made to feel inadequate but these products can show us the false ideologies of perfection that we have been exposed to so so much.... Raunch culture and if something is voyeuristic or... another word  which I have now forgotten.

Simulacra = a copy of a copy of a copy . Satire = a comedic mocking style exposing reality
I can think of no other S words.... T.T

That's 9 people and their theories, I can remember that now.....

MIGRAINE
mise en scene this is wrong.... its media language so...key terms? oh no.... http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Media_Language  I see.
i - ideologies... duh V.V
genre
r - representation
audience
institution
n - narrative... i'm not sure i shall remember this, though i suppose most images have a narrative of some kind
evaluation

HESP
historical
economic
social
political

For the first part of the exam I will need to speak sophisticatedly, be rich with supporting external reference, and include theorie showing a good understanding this could be done by contradicting the theorists.  I will also need to be concise as  ill only have 10-15 mins writing...

Second is either representation or NMT please be nmt V.V please be a good one.... I was looking at women in video games, and world of warcraft.... I need to use theory... and external facts and supporting things from lots of media platforms  the question will be around who has the power, audience or industry
adapting, social media, things....

just over 24 hours before my exam...... I wonder how much I can retain that will be useful. And I shall be slower and less accurate in writing than typing.

If I do not get into uni I shall go to China. Or work. But my drawing skill shall increase, my Japanese shall also increase, and perhaps I will break some bad habits. Then I can apply again....Or find a tutor/ apprenticeship...

I have come to the conclusion... again, that I do not approve off or enjoy exams they seem arbitrary to true skills found in a person and worth can be diminished as we are all leveled into to closely defined categories. Though, aside from my domination plans of the world I have no other solution that would currently work... So my complaints and judgement is left worthless.

I am just rambling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment