Monday 26 January 2015

Day 7288

Demoralization by lack of participation update followed by a bitch about another group project. (Warning it's long and tedious and literally just me venting) 


So, 30 seconds (as the initial group is now called) is actually going super, super well! I was honest about my lack of interest and worries about the project and so we changed it. It's still portsmouth in a day but now it's got a super awesome storyline behind it! :D We are on target AND the characters we will be animating are awesomes :3 I feel like I won't be able to put over much of it into my showreel as I'll be in charge of cleanup but that I'll be happier working in this group all around. Am also getting better in effects and techniques in after effects and premier so that's cool. But yeah, so that's all amazing. 


Sound and vis on the other hand. I have two very rude, very immature group members or rather, one is the ring leader and the other just goes along with it. Considering he has both children and an extra year at university I expect more from him quite frankly and what's worse is they've talked to the teacher of that project first so she hasn't heard anything save what they've said. 


Monday the 19th The beginning.
So it starts with the guy saying he's going to start on the editing, I had about 15 of the scenes done and Jess had less animation done there was still a lot of animation to do. So I said no, you're going to be picking up on the animation that needs to be done. It has been listed on my blog as unassigned from the start and he didn't have the initiative to look and think, oh that needs doing. He also hadn't finished his one single piece of animation that he needed to do. He had done the 6/7 low poly models and he had textured (and by textured I mean assigned a colour)  2/3 of them. But after using Maya I realise how easy that is and it shouldn't have taken more than an evenings work potentially a day if you take searching for references into account possibly 2 if Maya keeps crashing. But that's it. He also has a years extra experience and is possibly the most skilled in Maya in my animation class. So...Keeping that in mind for a little bit. 
We were looking through the amount of time we had left and I said that we could potentially animate up until Wednesday the 28th.To which the dude says, "No it needs to be done for Monday(26th((Today)), Eva said it needs to be done for Monday" To which I replied something along the lines of, "Yes we shall aim for Monday but if worst comes to worst we can work until the Wednesday" And I explained how much time the rotoscoping was taking to which he replied "No it has to be done for Monday and to simply work faster". The audacity!!! So at this point I had done arguably double the amount of work they had and triple the effort and time and of course I was working as fast as I could. And if I didn't have any other subjects then sure it would have been finished last year but I do and so it's a balancing act and I think I've done pretty damn well.  I had been working on this project in bulk attacks starting at 9/10am and then working on till 8pm or 5pm on Fridays as the University shuts earlier then. 

I was pissed. I was upset. I left the room and went to work in the Library. This was before the teacher came in, she was late, how late I don't know but she was there at 20 past I know for sure as a friend texted me then asking if I was okay and saying about how he was bitching about me to the teacher. He said that I was absent and had run off after he said for me to do work. Which is not what happened. At least not from my point of view or my friends. I left because there is nothing forcing me to stay in an environment where I feel uncomfortable or around a person that has just insulted me.The thing that pissed me off the most, you see, is that by emphasising that it has to be done for Monday he is saying that I am not going to put the effort in. And as I said earlier I had at this point put far, far more work and effort into the project. 

So then it comes to today 
Monday the 26th Murder on the horizon. 
I worked, got all the animations done by Friday, and finished the rotoscoping Sunday in the library, drawing with a mouse. All save 30 frames which I was going to finish in todays lesson. I didn't work on it during the day as I have a lecture 9-11 and then work on my 30sec group project till the 4-6 lesson which is when I planned on working on it. 

So the start of this morning the girl was saying about skipping this lesson and going to tomorrows one instead. And doing Vincents work during this lesson and then the final animations tomorrow. I disagreed then the guy came in on it and agreed with her. I sent a facebook message shortly after saying (I'm shouting at the mirror T_T I looked away to get the exact facebook message and started looking through the work parts... So annoying....)  Anyway. So are you two planning on doing vincents work tonight and finishing sound and vis animation tomorrow? They both saw it in the hour and neither replied before the lesson so from 12-4 ,nothing, rude right?
When I went down to sound and vis (at roughly 3 minutes past the start of the lesson as I was saving work) they were already there and had talked to the teacher.  I don't remember word for word how this went, but the teacher commented on my not being there for the last two lessons, last weeks is explained above and I sent her an apology for the absence and also said I could come to the lesson the next day or send her the files. She never replied to that email. The week before that I quite simply, no bullshit, could not be bothered. I felt that going to the lesson would achieve nothing, as on the first week back we had discussed what needed to be done and I had no final products to show her or anything that she could teach me at this stage, so there was no point.

The mistake I made when talking to her was that I said the after effects work would only take a day. To which she replied that A) That's what we were being marked on and B) if it only took a day it wasn't going to look very good. My logic is as follows, 3 people, 30 seconds each, that's roughly 9 scenes each. So max of perhaps 12 effects per person. Working from 10 - 8 with a 2 hour break where that be taken in one go or spread out through fag breaks that means you'll be working 8 hours. Or 9-7 same thing. So thats 8 hours work. for 10 scenes, learning potentially 12 effects. Youtube tutorials take roughly 6-7 minutes but I'll make it 10, that plus and 20 to go through the tutorial and apply it to what you're doing. So 30 minutes per effect. 2 Effects an hour... in 8 hours you'd have 16 effects ready to go. That's not including something going wrong, the programme crashing but these I feel get evened out by the fact that most of the effects would be repeated more than once and in actual fact it would be 2/3 that are being used. So really the main amount of time will be getting footage to go in the background. So if things did go wrong, and taking into account the lack of experience both of my group members have then taking 3/4 days would still be acceptable. 

Either way I didn't get my points across very well as I didn't make them and then she moved on. Instead of explaining the irritating facebook convo that happened I'm simply going to copy and paste 

Today
Roseanna Warr
11:34
Roseanna Warr
So are you two planning on doing vincents work tonight and finishing sound and vis animation tomorrow?
Today
Roseanna Warr
16:16
Roseanna Warr
Please link me to the folder when you have made it
Mike Baxter
16:17
Mike Baxter
You make your self
Roseanna Warr
16:19
Roseanna Warr
I can't make a folder, or upload for that matter
you need to make a folder and then allow other people to access and upload to it, alternatively if any of you have a usb you can come get the files
Mike Baxter
16:23
Mike Baxter
There made you a folder with the videos called final parts
Make sure u export them in png sequence
Roseanna Warr
16:24
Roseanna Warr
Why?
Mike Baxter
16:25
Mike Baxter
Cos we need a transparent background if you do it in JPEG they will be filled
Roseanna Warr
16:25
Roseanna Warr
No you just key it out
Jess Knights
16:26
Jess Knights
Have you been saving it as a jpeg?
Mike Baxter
16:27
Mike Baxter
https://drive.google.com/a/myport.ac.uk/folderview?id=0B3421SUuscMvNWdpVkNpNkQwcTQ&usp=drive_web
Roseanna Warr
16:27
Roseanna Warr
No
Jess Knights
16:28
Jess Knights
what file format have you been saving it?
Mike Baxter
16:29
Mike Baxter
have u do it yet
Roseanna Warr
16:33
Roseanna Warr
-.-
Roseanna Warr
16:51
Roseanna Warr
have u got them yet
Mike Baxter
16:52
Mike Baxter
Yes why are they movs
Roseanna Warr
16:53
Roseanna Warr
They just are that's how flash exports and you can play them with quicktime, if it's for whatever reason not working in premier then take it into media encoder and change them to mp4
Mike Baxter
16:53
Mike Baxter
Don't worry they work fine
Sorry just double checked it and it's not working they need to be png sequence
Which is a series of images not a video
Roseanna Warr
16:56
Roseanna Warr
How is it not working?
Mike Baxter
16:57
Mike Baxter
Don't worry again Eva has fixed it just finish the rest
Roseanna Warr
16:58
Roseanna Warr
-.-
Roseanna Warr
17:16
Roseanna Warr
And Mike   "If you start at some point today give me a message about the colors you're using and the general background image, other wise if you're doing it tomorrow then I'll just show you what I've done and you can blend them"  That's what I said, I didn't tell you to work tomorrow you decided too, and that was before something came up. What I've done is animated it in a certain zig zag explosion way and then I'll be adding a music sheet textured background. Color wise its pretty open as we can just add a colour mask/texture.
Roseanna Warr
17:17
Roseanna Warr
When you've put the premier/after effects footage together please upload it into that folder.
Roseanna Warr
17:24
Roseanna Warr
And before you both leave I want to go through who is doing what editing wise.  So either wait until 6 or come up here before then.
Roseanna Warr
17:51
Roseanna Warr
Want me to come down?
Mike Baxter
17:52
Mike Baxter
Yeah
Roseanna Warr
18:14
Roseanna Warr
All are the videos are uploaded. 
Quick link to the animated animatic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvfl_hCyUrk   
Quick link to the green screen animatic: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHhTim8EQw 
And the blog that has all the details: 
http://afpbr.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/U20330-Sound%20And%20Visualisation 
Get the animation finished by Wednesday. As soon as you finish start your 30seconds. If you're stuck there are lots of YouTube tutorials, the lessons that eva taught us and digital tutors has some things as well though it will take a little longer learning from there in my experience. 
Aim to get your 30seconds done and exported by the end of Friday, meaning we can put it all together Saturday/Sunday 
Worst comes to worst one of you can simply put it altogether on Monday morning. As all it should be is dragging them all together. 
Don't forget to upload the sections that you've done onto the blogs. Good luck with your 30sec.
Play Video
animatic 1
www.youtube.com
Description
Roseanna Warr
19:27
Roseanna Warr
Whole animatic with my parts on top correctly timed:
Sound and Vis> Final parts> Background/Green (Download all that you need)> Altogether green screen animatic and files> I have uploaded the Premier file with the background video and my animations on top as for some reason 3frames seems to have been taken off of.   So this has the correct timings for the whole animatic. 
You can also view it here. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgQkGCN_OU&feature=youtu.be
Roseanna Warr
19:42
Roseanna Warr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkom68De79o&feature=youtu.be
Rosie file
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkom68De79o&feature=youtu.be

Seen by everyone
o.o yup it's more than a little confusing but there it is.

Oh and there names are out.... Well whatever not that it makes any difference to you non existent humans.

I sent this to Jess seen at 20:19 
Can you please upload link me to
38-40: Music sheet lines dripping (actual lines and notes)
and
54-56: Music surrounding, flowing around the room almost hugging it.
And this to Mike seen at 18:28 
Can you please upload and link me to:

45-48: Chaos walls starting to merge, 3D bathroom just about to touch go to top view (1 sec) Solid bathroom floor just bathroom walls moving, bath, toilet, sink, in 3D he's on back wall.
54-56: bathroom isolated in black space
56-57: Splashes water on his face and stands up straight - Water masks as another layer
Neither have replied. Neither have uploaded the files I need. Neither have finished their work today. And (I'm going out on a limb, but I'm pretty sure) Neither have looked at after effects/Premier in there own time for the entirety of this project and perhaps not even much at all since lessons in year 1. 
Where as I have been working on Tedx, Jelsa, Watch this bitch, and Cold case. 4 projects, all including premier and after effects.

It is also important to note that between this week and last week I had forgiven Mike, not to the point of letting it go but to a degree where I simply didn't care so long as the work was being done.

It is also probably more important to note that my wonderful said about explaining what was happening to the teacher last week so as they couldn't blame it all on me. He also brought me cookies today <3  and my lovely friend who had been in a similar situation with these two said about making sure to explain to the teacher before them. And much to my regret, I didn't listen to either of them I felt like I wasn't in the wrong and shouldn't have to explain myself and that they had no case against me. Wrong course of action, duly noted.

On the flip side its amazing motivation to show how well you can do and how crap someone else has been doing all along. I've also had the pleasure of several very good audio books so theres that as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment