Saturday 13 September 2014

Day 7153

Alot has happened since I last posted.

So, around a year ago I won surreys next big thing one of the prizes was to meet an animator and it's finally happened :D
So Saturday 6th went up to London to meet an amazing animator called Phoebe http://www.phoebehalstead.com/ 
And I had so much fun. At first I couldn't actually get to the place I got to the correct train station okay and then when it came to the walking part... Well that's where I went wrong and ended up walking in completely the wrong direction, so frantically called round everyone and Ben the man at surge organising it said get a taxi.... Seems that I am incapable of doing such a thing XD I managed to get a hold of Sarah and she directed me in the right way but had to go as she was moving to uni. And literally as she hung up the phone a taxi stopped right next to me (because of traffic lights) and I was all like !!!1HEY, hey , do you take people places????? And he kinda looked at me like O.o...Well yeah.... And thus I got there. Late, but I got there.

At first I felt a little awkward, I remember thinking before I went it won't be as cool meeting an animator, now that I've met some at university. I was so wrong, I think I'll probably be just as hyped whoever I meet as everyones work is so different, they all have different inputs the people themselves are lovely (who I've met at least) So that's one thing I'm rather glad about it got rid of that silly idea.

But yeah, cup of tea ice breaker I looked at some of her work, I think my favorite part was in a snail video and she's animated over a live action video, his hand goes to pick up a shell and theres white ripple lines so it looks like he's going underwater. Very cool. And she looked at the Tedx storyboard so far I was decided where to go live action at the end but I don't think we will and maybe cut it at the fish being opened to reveal university of Tedx for the promotional video and then play the whole thing at the event itself.

We Looked at some interesting videos, stop motion style some were just...Weird... and others really cool. Will try and find them later :)
And then we made an animation which I didn't really stick to the story idea and yeah o.o It was just blue vs yellow in the end o.o It looked okay o.o And was super super fun :3 and we had lots of sweets left over o3o

Creative cow
Cartoon brew
Without a box & reel port
FLU - Export from after effects, low res flash file
Freesound.org

Right click - mask - texture underneath (lock)
Right click - Guide - Won't export
Erazer = Sharper edges
25 - more freedom

My plan is to send both Surge and Phoebe thank you cards :) Soon....

The reason I didn't write this up sooner was firstly because I was so tired by the end of the day but also I was a little sad, plan was to meet Isaac in Westfield shopping center as I had a rail card from zones 1-6 anyway so it wouldn't cost anything.... But it all fell  through when they turned up to a different area :/ I was very sad that evening. But I am happy now as everyone is moving in today!!!!

I don't remember much of what else has happened. But The urn has been pact tested, had a meeting with the committee (still need to write up the minutes) which lasted around 4 hours....Went over everything O.O Save with Jack.... He was not here.... And today everyone is moving in o.o Yup~

No comments:

Post a Comment