Sunday 23 August 2020

Day 9324

 
Next Tuesday, all the blonde is coming off. I'm hoping if I cut it now by the time I'm 30 it will grow back to this length 🤞 Super short hair here I come! 


Good year? Bad year?

It's been a pretty hectic last couple of months. 
  • Middle of a pandemic.
  • Find out my father has cancer. 
  • My job contract ends and they legally can't renew it.
  • Start trying to find a job whilst working on Locomotion marketing in free time.
    (Dipping my toes in and learning about marketing was an amazing rabbit hole of a journey.)

    Two months later 
  • Locomotion comes out on switch! Sells 333 copies during launch week/pre-order <3
  • 40+ job applications later, three job offers along at the same time!  
  • Now working as QA with VR games! 
  • Dad had an operation,  cut out cancer, check-up says now it's all good!!!

  • For the new job I'm leaving the house at 5am and getting back at 8pm. 
  • Our lease was running out so we decided to move: closer to work and has a car parking space.
  • House falls through because I'm on a 0 hours contract and they don't accept a guarantor. 
  • Decided to renew where we are. 
  • Now working from home for the short term because of the pandemic. 
  • Next step is getting a car to help with that commute. 
  • Still have a few more Locomotion marketing posts to make. 
  • Then onto Isolated Incident and I suspect this time next year back onto Don't Trust Larry. 

    Currently typing from my new office. When we originally moved into this flat I envisioned it as each of the bedrooms being a study for my partner and I, then using the main room as a sort of studio. In the end, we had a bedroom and living room in the two bedrooms and used the main room as a large study/ VR space with a dining table tucked away.
    As we aren't moving we still decided to do a bit of a clear-out and change around.
    Long story short I'm excited to have my own space.  

This year really has been a rollercoaster news-wise, it definitely feels like a disaster movie is happening in slow motion each time I look at the news. But in reality, everything has been nothing more than a slight inconvenience for me personally, and I'm honestly so grateful for that. If anything being able to work from home has been a wonderful change of pace, and because I live with my partner and talk to most of my friends and family over the phone/online anyway it's been pretty much the same. 
Either way here's hoping 2020 settles down a bit over the next few months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment